Are you ready for an adventure? Like I mean a BIG ADVENTURE??? I received the Sizzix DIY Kit - Bouquet & Boutonniere and it is DELIGHTFUL!!!
First start by putting on your favourite netflix movie, or tunes, anything you like to do for a couple of hours. Then punch all the little dies out of the book. It takes awhile but it is so satisfying. I sorted the flowers into piles and then picked out my inks and glimmer mists for each flower.
The following post will show you lot's of pictures, so I will try to keep the talking to a minimum. Also, I didn't take step by steps of all the flowers, my hands were simply too inky. Enjoy!
1) I inked all the centres with pink, this is just to add dimension.
2) I inked the edges with a dark purple, but then glimmer misted the whole flower with a plum colour. Some flowers I sprayed lots, some very lightly. Again, this will give them a more realistic look.
3) Start rolling the petals. I found that I liked it best when they were rolled in and out.
4) Before I glue them onto the styrofoam, I pinch them together and then glue each petal on, one at a time.
1) Ink all the edges. Now- there are lots of different leaves, so I wanted them to look as real as possible so I inked one set a colour, then another set a different colour, etc. And again, I sprayed them with glimmer mist.
Here are the petals of poppies drying after I glimmer misted them.
When the flowers are dry, You can bend them in a neat way. Then I began to create the flowers. For the poppies, I began with the black centres and then wrapped the yellow things around and around. Once that is ready to go, Then start gluing on one petal at a time.
The poppies are stunning. They are also huge! I love them!!!
Here is what my work table looked like when I was in the midst of the chaos. I had a 4x8 foot table covered in flowers, petals and glue sticks. It was so beautiful.
Ok, here are some closeups of the topiary assembled.
Top of the topiary.
Don't forget when creating the topiary to do the underside, or else you will see the white balls. I also used moss to fill in any white parts.
I built the bottom part first. I wanted to set the tone for how it looked. I like having lot's of leaves all over, I even added some more greenery using Sizzix Bigz Die - Garden Greens .
middle and the bottom.
Thanks for following this post. This kit was simply divine to work with.
Sizzix product used: